Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
There is one true God. All that exists (past, present, and future), both seen (things, etc.) and unseen (laws of physics, etc.) were created by Him and are maintained and/or held together by Him. God is called “Holy, holy, holy” in Isaiah 6:3, in his threefold nature, and is majestic beyond expression.
- He is not created. He has no beginning or end.
- He is Holy which mean “apartness, set-apartness, separateness, sacredness, reverend, and worthy of veneration ”
- He is one Essence as three Persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit
- He is omniscient, meaning all that can be known is already known by God. He knows the end from the beginning.
- He is omnipresent, meaning He is everywhere.
- He is omnipotent, meaning He is the only Sovereign that exists or ever has existed.
- He is unchanging. He is the great I AM. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever
- He is love. But, remember love is not God.
- He loves justice. He will not forget the innocent or the guilty.
- He extends grace without merit.
- He extends mercy without merit.
- He shares His glory with no man.
- He is full of compassion.
- He is slow to anger. Quick to forgive. Extends opportunities for man’s repentance.
- He does what pleases Him.
Deuteronomy 4:35,39 (NIV)
35 You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides him there is no other.
39 Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
John 14:8-11 (NIV)
8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.
These are but a few if the attributes of God. I hope you are encouraged and strengthened by these reminders.